Thursday, October 8, 2009

#12 - Conclusions and review

I think the format of this learning task has been a good way to tackle it. Many of the topics are tools I would probably never have looked into if I hadn't been gone through this programme. It has all turned out to be more "approachable" than I had expected ( so really no excuses for dithering through the first incarnation ).

I guess I would have to say I have mixed feelings about Web 2.0. There are certainly good things about it- and things I personally like such as Library Thing, Flickr and especially (cookery) blogs - but there seem to be other options that people and organisations take up on because they think they should, or because others are doing it, and I put Twitter in this category.
I guess I would say that I am not an " early uptaker" of any new technology either.
If we can get over the idea that we simply have to use something because "it is there" then we can pick up the best that Web 2.0 has to offer. I think librarians and libraries feel pressure to take up things because other libraries have but not all change is for the better.
Thanks Training Team for your help and guidance!

No comments: